Gift shopping can be fun and a hassle at the same time, especially the time right before Christmas. Every year, I face the challenge of picking special, creative, AND useful gifts for my family and friends. It usually takes me hours to browse through shopping sites, just to find a perfect gift for everyone in the family. This year I gathered all my cool gift ideas here in this post, so you don’t have to spend hours looking for inspiration. I hope you enjoy it!
For your kitchen
- Carbon steel pan with a high edge – My favorite stir fry pan for electric stoves. It works like a traditional wok, but holds heat better and heat up five time faster.
- Pottery fermenting jar – It’s designed with an airtight, water-sealable cover that allows gases to escape without letting oxygen in. Perfect for making kimchi and sauerkraut in small batches.
- Enamelware prep bowls – I use them every day in my kitchen.
- Magnet meat cooking temperature guide – Fits perfectly on your fridge, so you don’t need to Google it every time when cooking steak or fish.
- Electric tea kettle – Push one button and the water will be heated to the perfect temperature for different types of teas, in less than 3 minutes.
- Sea salt flakes – Replace your table salt with this one as finishing salt for salad, meat, or to sprinkle on bread. All your food will taste better immediately.
- Pasta maker – Make noodles and pasta of all shapes by simply adding flour and water into the machine, less than the time it takes to boil a pot of water.
- Champagne glasses – For your parties and Sunday brunch.
For Chinese fans
- Chopsticks rest – Aren’t they adorable?
- Chinese checkers – A good ol’ memory of my childhood. Perfect for holiday gatherings.
- Chopstick and spoon set – Must-have for enjoying Chinese food like a local.
- Bao oven glove – Designed with a Chinese heart.
- Chinese zodiac paper cut – We glue them onto windows for celebrating Chinese New Year. It is a great gift too.
- Cookbook: All Under Heaven – To make authentic Chinese food in your own kitchen.
- Chinese charcoal grill – To cook Asian skewers properly.
- Tea bag holder – The cool way to drink tea.
- Kitty night light – I want one in my room too!
- No Face plush toy – Watch Spirited Away if you haven’t yet.
- Shark attack bowl – Perfect cereal bowl.
- Cat plush toy – I have a thing for cats.
- Star War piggy bank – Your kid’s Star Wars themed room will be complete.
- Totoro pillow case – Beautiful design.
- Fish pop molds – Fun projects for the weekend.
- Beast pencil box – For school.
- Sleeping mask – To sleep better.
- Men’s Wallet – Because you really want to get the fractions right.
- Moscow Mule cup – Looks better because it’s a mustache.
- My Dog by Oatmeal – A cartoon book for a hearty laugh.
- Field note – To capture inspiration.
- Fujifilm mirrorless camera – I stopped carrying my DSLR a long time ago, since I bought this much lighter camera.
- Silicon keyboard – To type things faster on the go.
- Laptop Sleeve – To protect your laptop while traveling.
- Carry-on cocktail kit – Perfect for traveling.
For your best friend
- Salt and pepper shake – Every dinner table needs a set.
- Whale butter plate – Cutest butter plate ever.
- Octopus ice tray – You can make chocolate in them too!
- Fun Coffee Mug – For coffee lovers.
- Handmade succulent planter – Great table decor.
- 100 post cards – With different patterns in one box.
- Pizza float for pool party – It’s the best because it’s pizza.
- Water bottle – To stay hydrated on the go.
For the coming New Year
- Paper planner – Call me old fashioned, but this is the only way I can get my work done.
- Metallic marker – Lets you doodle everywhere.
- Pencil – A must-have, even you’re not in school.
- Feather bookmark – If you enjoy paperbacks.
- Gift tape – Love to use these to wrap gifts, especially cookies.
- Herb planter – To have fresh herbs for dinner everyday.
- Lucky cat figurine – Brings you luck.
- Lavender Candle – Soothing fragrance that helps you sleep.