This is a simple dish I always cook when I want to rush through a quick and healthy dinner. The inspiration was got from arrabiata sauce.Print
- Type of dry pasta you prefer
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 white onion, chopped
- 1 big tomato, diced(or 1 can of peeled tomato)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (or 1/2 teaspoon of powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can tuna
- salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese powder
- Boil enough salter water in a big pot to cook pasta.
- During the time, do the prep for garlic, onion and tomato.
- Put a middle size frypan over medium heat and add olive oil. 1 minute later add onion, stir occasionally, until it turns golden. Add tomato, garlic, basil, thyme and cayenne pepper, boil with low heat till the sauce thicken, in about 10 minutes. Add tuna and boil for another 5 minute. Season with salt and pepper. If the sauce is turning too dry, could add pasta cooking water.
- Drain the cooked pasta, put into a plate. Pour the sauce over pasta, top with parmesan cheese powder, and season with pepper to taste and serve.
In the picture, I also added some mozzarella cheese to add texture.