- 1 pound (450 grams) shrimp , peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 3 green onions , chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1/2 pound white mushrooms , sliced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 block (4 oz / 400 g) soft tofu (or silk tofu)
- 4 kale leaves , chopped (yield about 8 cups)
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce (or tamari for gluten free)
- Salt to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
Combine all the marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Stir to mix well. Let marinate for 5 minutes.
Heat oil in a 3-quart dutch oven over medium heat until hot. Add the green onion and ginger. Stir a few times to release fragrance. Add the mushrooms. Stir and cook for 1 minute. Add the chicken stock and turn to medium-high heat. Cook until bringing to a boil.
Add the kale leaves and the shrimp. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the tofu. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, or until the shrimp is cooked through and the kale turns tender. Stir in the soy sauce and add black pepper. Taste the soup. Add more salt if needed.
Serve hot as a side or main.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 225kcal | Carbohydrates: 14.9g | Protein: 27.4g | Fat: 6.9g | Saturated Fat: 1.3g | Cholesterol: 191mg | Sodium: 1135mg | Potassium: 759mg | Fiber: 2.1g | Sugar: 2.2g | Calcium: 180mg | Iron: 3.6mg