Homemade General Tso Sauce (One-meal Version)
General Tso sauce is one of the most versatile stir fry sauces that I recommend every home cook store a jar in their fridge. Not only does it takes merely 3 minutes to make, but it also goes well with almost everything.
- 1/3 cup stock chicken stock or vegetarian stock, or water
- 2 tablespoons Chinkiang vinegar (or rice vinegar, or balsamic vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons Shaoxing wine (or dry sherry, or Japanese sake, or stock)
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce (or soy sauce, or tamari for gluten-free sauce)
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce (or soy sauce, or tamari for gluten-free sauce)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic , minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger , minced
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
Heat oil over medium heat until warm. Add garlic and ginger. Stir a few times to release the fragrance. Stir the sauce again and pour it into the pan. Let it simmer and stir until it thickens.
Now you can pour the sauce over roast vegetables, serve it as a dipping sauce, or use it in your stir fry.