Shrimp Salad Bowl with Mango Salsa
A scrumptious salad bowl that turns leftovers into a paleo bowl of deliciousness packed with nutrition.
- 1 pound shrimp , peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Shaoxing wine (or rice wine)
- 2 teaspoons potato starch (or cornstarch)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Sichuan peppercorn powder (or black pepper powder)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Sweet potato noodles
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 green onions , chopped
- Pinch sea salt
- 4 cups mango , cubed (yield from 4 small mangoes or 2 large mangoes)
- 1 jalapeno , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup loosely packed mint , chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion , minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger , grated
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne powder (Optional)
- Cherry tomatoes
- avocado , Sliced
- cucumber , Sliced
- purple onion , Sliced
To cook the shrimp
Combine shrimp, soy sauce, Shaoxing wine, cornstarch, cayenne powder, and Sichuan peppercorn powder in a bowl. Mix well and coat shrimp evenly with spices. Let marinate for 10 to 30 minutes.
Heat oil in a nonstick pan until hot. Add shrimp. Cook and occasionally stir, until the surface turns slightly golden and the shrimp have curled. Transfer to a plate immediately.
Prepare mango salsa
Combine mango, jalapeno, mint, green onion, lime juice, ginger and cayenne powder in a bowl. Stir to mix well.
Cook potato noodles
Cut sweet potatoes into noodles using a spiralizer. If you do not have a spiralizer, use a julienne peeler or mandoline to cut sweet potatoes into strips.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet until warm. Add green onion. Stir a few times to release fragrance. Add sweet potato and a pinch of salt. Cook and stir until soft. Transfer to a serving plate.
Add cooked shrimp and other toppings. Serve with mango salsa.
Serving: 568g, Calories: 638kcal, Carbohydrates: 65.7g, Protein: 30.9g, Fat: 30g, Saturated Fat: 5.3g, Cholesterol: 239mg, Sodium: 472mg, Potassium: 1856mg, Fiber: 12.2g, Sugar: 20g, Vitamin A: 2400IU, Vitamin C: 94.9mg, Calcium: 190mg, Iron: 3.4mg