Five Spice and Garlic Roasted Potatoes
Level up your roasted potatoes with five spice powder and extra garlic!
- 1.5 pounds baby potatoes white or red
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon five spice powder (homemade five spice powder works better)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper , freshly ground
- 6 big garlic cloves , minced
- 2 teaspoons minced chive (or green onion for garnish)
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C (400 F).
Halve or quarter potatoes into even size pieces. Transfer into a big bowl. Add olive oil, salt, five spice powder, black pepper, and garlic. Toss until the potatoes are well coated.
Transfer the potatoes onto a baking sheet, and shake gently to spread to a single layer. Roast in the oven for 40 minutes to 1 hour, until browned and crisp. Shake the pan and flip the potatoes after 30 minutes to ensure even browning.
Toss potatoes with chives and serve hot.
Serving: 184g | Calories: 185kcal | Carbohydrates: 28.4g | Protein: 3.2g | Fat: 7.2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 362mg | Potassium: 715mg | Fiber: 4.2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Vitamin C: 48.7mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1.1mg