Shrimp Chow Mein
These fried noodles are loaded with vegetables, and burst with flavor. It’s a quick and healthy one-pot meal you can prep and cook in 20 minutes.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 3 to 4
- 8 ounces dried Chinese egg noodles (or spaghetti)
- 1/4 cup chicken stock (or water)
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted Shaoxing wine (or dry sherry)
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce (or soy sauce)
- 2 teaspoons dark soy sauce (or soy sauce)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper powder (or black pepper powder)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 carrots , julienned
- 16 to 20 medium size shrimps , peeled and deveined
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 6 green onion , chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
Boil noodles according to package instructions. Rinse with tap water, drain, and set aside.
Whisk all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl.
Chop aromatics and vegetables.
Heat a wok (or large skillet) over medium high heat until hot. Add oil and swirl to coat the bottom of the wok. It’s ready when the oil just starts to smoke.
Add ginger and carrot. Cook and stir until the carrot starts to turn soft, 40 seconds to 1 minute. Add shrimp. Cook and stir until the surface turns white, but the inside remains transparent. Swirl in the sauce along the edge of the wok. Stir a few times to quickly heat up the sauce. Add noodles. Stir to mix well. You can chop the noodles into shorter strands with a spatula to make the noodles easier to mix with other ingredients. Cook until the sauce is fully absorbed. Add bean sprouts and green onion. Cook and stir until the vegetables are just cooked, 1 to 2 minutes. Add spinach and give it a final stir.
Transfer to a plate and serve immediately.
Serving: 441g | Calories: 532kcal | Carbohydrates: 57.2g | Protein: 38.6g | Fat: 16.4g | Cholesterol: 266mg | Sodium: 855mg | Fiber: 2.6g | Sugar: 3g