Savory Oatmeal with Chicken and Spinach
Learn how to create a hearty, whole grain savory oatmeal bowl with only 4 ingredients and in 5 minutes!
Servings: 2 to 3
- 2 to 3 cups Chicken stock (*footnote 1)
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Quick Cooking Rolled Oats
- 1 cup leftover chicken , shredded or cut finely
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- black pepper , freshly grounded
- Soft boiled poached or fried egg
- Green peas and chopped cherry tomatoes
- Chopped green onion (or chives)
- Crushed roasted peanuts (or sesame for garnish)
- Sesame oil soy sauce or chili oil to finish the dish
Add chicken stock to a small pot and bring to a boil. Add rolled oats, leftover chicken and spinach. Cook for 5 minutes and until the oats are cooked through. Stir occasionally. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Add preferred toppings and serve hot.
You can make the oatmeal ahead and store it in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Reheat in microwave without cover until hot. Stir once in between.
- If you want a porridge texture use 3 cups chicken stock. If you like a creamy texture, use 2 cups chicken stock.