Honey Soy Sauce Glazed Salmon
An easy recipe that needs just 5 minutes of prep and 10 minutes in the oven. The salmon will turn out rich, moist, and buttery.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 4 pieces salmon fillets (*see footnote 2)
- 4 tablespoons honey (or brown sugar)
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce (or tamari for gluten-free)
- 4 tablespoons whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons ginger , minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground paprika (or chili powder)
Adjust oven rack to top third. Preheat oven to 220 degrees C (425 F). Spray a thin layer of oil onto a large baking dish.
Whisk honey, soy sauce, Dijon mustard, ginger, and chili pepper in a small bowl.
Place the salmon into the baking dish, skin side down. Pour marinade over each piece of salmon.
Bake for 6 minutes, until the surface of the salmon is cooked, but the fish is still raw inside. Turn on broiler. Bake for another 2 to 3 minutes, until the salmon is just cooked to the preferred doneness. To check doneness, gently lift the thick end of the salmon. If the fish flakes easily along the grain, it is done. The salmon will be the tenderest if it is still a bit pink inside. If you prefer your salmon cooked through, return it to the oven and bake for another one or two minutes.
Serve immediately with rice and spinach.
For more information on preparation and storage, see the blog post above.
- Try to select (2 cm) 1 inch thick fillets with an even thickness. If you use thicker salmon, you will need to extend the baking time.
Serving: 232g | Calories: 322kcal | Carbohydrates: 20.1g | Protein: 36.4g | Fat: 11.7g | Saturated Fat: 1.6g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 1159mg | Potassium: 766mg | Fiber: 0.9g | Sugar: 17.7g | Vitamin A: 5% | Vitamin C: 1% | Calcium: 8% | Iron: 11%