Five Spice and Garlic Roasted Potatoes
Level up your roasted potatoes with five spice powder and extra garlic!
- 1.5 pounds baby potatoes white or red
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon five spice powder (homemade five spice powder works better)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper , freshly ground
- 6 big garlic cloves , minced
- 2 teaspoons minced chive (or green onion for garnish)
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C (400 F).
Halve or quarter potatoes into even size pieces. Transfer into a big bowl. Add olive oil, salt, five spice powder, black pepper, and garlic. Toss until the potatoes are well coated.
Transfer the potatoes onto a baking sheet, and shake gently to spread to a single layer. Roast in the oven for 40 minutes to 1 hour, until browned and crisp. Shake the pan and flip the potatoes after 30 minutes to ensure even browning.
Toss potatoes with chives and serve hot.
Serving: 184g, Calories: 185kcal, Carbohydrates: 28.4g, Protein: 3.2g, Fat: 7.2g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 362mg, Potassium: 715mg, Fiber: 4.2g, Sugar: 2g, Vitamin A: 50IU, Vitamin C: 48.7mg, Calcium: 30mg, Iron: 1.1mg