Chinese Beef Tongue Salad
Beef tongue belongs in the category of foods that you wonder, why on earth someone would want to eat it, and once you taste it, you hate yourself for not having tried it sooner.
Servings: 2 to 3
- 1 cup slow cooked beef tongue , thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Chinkiang vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Chinese chili oil
- Chopped green onion to garnish
Mix everything except the green onion until the solid ingredients are dissolved.
Heat oil in a nonstick skillet until hot. Cook the beef tongue until both sides are charred. Transfer to a plate.
Pour the mixed sauce over the beef tongue and garnish with green onion. Add more chili oil if necessary.
Serve warm over rice or on top of green salad.