- 2 English cucumbers, tough skin removed
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 1 tablespoon Chinkiang vinegar (or rice vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Dry cucumber with a paper towel. Place cucumber on a large cutting board and carefully use a cleaver to crush it. Then cut it into bite size pieces and place them into a bowl. Top with garlic.
- Combine vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, salt and sesame oil in a small bowl and mix well.
- Right before serving, pour the sauce mixture over the cucumber and mix well. (Do not add the sauce beforehand. It will cause the cucumber to lose water, and the sauce will be diluted.