Nutty and creamy, this super addictive black sesame ice cream only requires 4 ingredients and 5 hours ‘til it’s ready. No ice cream machine needed!
- 6 tablespoons roasted black sesame seeds
- 1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cup heavy cream, cold
- Pinch of salt
- Chill a 6-cups volume loaf pan or baking pan in the freezer.
- Add sesame seeds in a medium-size skillet and toast over medium heat. Stir occasionally until you can hear a gentle sizzle if you lean towards the sesame seeds, about 5 minutes. Turn to low heat and toast for another minute, or until you smell a strong nutty aroma. Transfer to a big plate to cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the sesame seeds to a food processor. Mix until it just starts to form a paste. Add condensed milk, vanilla and salt. Mix until everything is combined. Transfer to a big bowl.
- Add the heavy cream in a large deep bowl. Whip with a mixer on medium-high speed, until it forms firm peaks, about 2 minutes. Transfer about 1 cup of the whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture. Fold with a rubber spatula until just combined. Then transfer the lightened condensed milk mixture into the whipped cream. Fold until just blended. Pour into the loaf pan. Cover and transfer into the freezer.
- Freeze until the ice cream turns solid, about 5 hours.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 192cal
- Sugar: 18.1mg
- Sodium: 50mg
- Fat: 11.8g
- Carbohydrates: 19.1g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 39mg