The most amazing vegetarian nuggets are baked to crispy perfection. They’re the perfect appetizer for your next game day party.
- 8 tablespoons soy milk (or other plant-based milk)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley or Italian seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- Thai sweet chili sauce, ketchup, Sriracha sauce, or mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F (200 C). Spray a thin layer of oil onto a baking tray.
- Carefully press the tofu with your hands. Wrap a few layers of cheesecloth (or kitchen paper towels) around it to absorb the extra liquid. Cut tofu into squares that are about 1/3-inch (1-cm) thick and 2-inches (4-cm) long.
- Mix the batter in a large bowl. Mix the panko and cornmeal in another bowl.
- Set up your workstation by placing the batter, plate of panko mixture, and the baking tray all in a row.
- Pick up a piece of tofu with your hand and dunk it into the batter. Then place it into the panko bowl, flip to coat the other side, then transfer it onto the baking tray. Repeat the process with the remaining tofu.
- Spray tofu with a thin layer of oil. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, flipping once in between, until both surfaces turn golden.
- Serve hot or cold with homemade sweet chili sauce, ketchup, Sriracha sauce, or mayonnaise.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 245
- Sugar: 3.5g
- Sodium: 507mg
- Fat: 6.6g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3g
- Carbohydrates: 33.9g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Protein: 14.2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg