Continue to my last post – fluffy burger bun, I’ll introduce a very easy way to create a fancy burger in this post. The important things for good burgers are: 1. Use high quality lean beef to cook burger patty; 2. Use freshly baked or grilled burger bun; 3. Use fresh vegetables to balance the flavor. The recipe below is also a good choice for a party or when you need to serve a bunch of people. For the day of event, mix beef patty, chop up vegetables and get dough ready before hand, then stock them in the fridge. About 20 minutes before serving, bake the bun in the oven, and at the same time, cook beef patty on stove. Serve the burger with beer or soft drinks. Bon Appétit!
Avocado Beef Burger
- 360 grams 12 oz. grounded lean beef
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/4 red onion minced
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 5 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 pieces of mozzarella cheese or cheddar cheese
- 3 grilled burger buns or freshly baked
- 3 pieces lettuce
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 to mato sliced
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- Add grounded beef, ginger, onion, nutmeg, rosemary, bread crumbs, salt and pepper into a bowl. Put on plastic glove and mix beef with all ingredients with hand, till spices blend in well and the beef start to feel sticky. Divide the mixture equally into 3 parts, shape each of portion into a ball by hand, and slighted press it into sharp of burger patty of 3 centimeters (1.2 inches) thick. Put burger patty on a plate and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a non-sticky skillet on medium high heat. When oil is hot, place 3 burger patties in the skillet, grill for about 4-5 minutes, till the bottom sides turn to dark brown. Flip the burger patty with spatula, put lid on the skillet and keep grilling on low heat for another 5-6 minutes, till the bottom side turns to dark brown. Place cheese on each burger patty while it's hot and the cheese will melt.
- Cut burger bun into half assemble with lettuce, a tablespoon mayonnaise, burger patty, tomato, onion and avocado. Serve immediately.