A refreshing, mild coconut tea that is nutty, a bit gingery, and has a hint of sweet. Packed with live medicinal properties, this Chinese herbal tea will flatten your tummy, flush out toxins, and keep you hydrated in the summer.
Ingredients below, or 1 pack of Root + Spring Dried Ginger $ Palm Coconut Herbal Tea Mix
- 1/4 cup (15 grams) dried ginger
- 1/4 cup (12 grams) palm coconut
- 2 pieces dried Asian pear
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (12 grams) sweet almond
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (12 grams) bitter almond
- 1/4 cup (10 grams) Solomon’s seal
- 2 dried honey dates
- (Optional) 2 to 3 tablespoons rock sugar, or syrup to your taste
- Transfer all the ingredients into a colander, and gently rinse under cool running water for a few seconds.
- Add the herbs to a medium-size pot with 8 to 10 cups of water.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer, covered, for an hour.
- (Optional) At the end of the cooking, add the rock sugar. Stir and cook until the sugar dissolves. Alternatively, you can add syrup to sweeten your tea. (*Footnote)
- Serve hot or cold and enjoy!
1. Although you can add sweeteners to the tea, I really prefer to drink this one without. The tea is nutty and fragrant, with a hint of sweetness. Try the tea without adding sugar first, then decide whether to add more sugar or not 🙂