This recipe uses many types of vegetables to demonstrate how you can easily cook vegetables and make your crudité platter more interesting.
This recipe is designed provide inspirations on how to make a delicious crudité platter, so please feel free to tweak it with your favorite vegetables. You can skip the cheese from this recipe to make it vegan.
- Corn on the cob
- Baby eggplants, sliced to 1/2-inch (1.5 cm) thick
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Sweet potato, sliced to 1/2-inch (1.5 cm) thick
- Shishito peppers
- Celery, sliced to sticks
- Heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- Baby tomatoes
- Watermelon radish, thinly sliced
- Red radishes
- Key limes (or limes, or lemon)
- Fresh basil
- Assorted olives
- Mini mozzarella balls
- Pickled artichokes
- Place corn on the cob into a large pot and add water to cover. Cook over high heat until brought to a simmer. Cover, turn to low heat, cook for 10 minutes. Transfer the corns onto a plate until cooled. Divide into small chunks for serving.
- Place baby eggplant into a big bowl and add water to cover. Add salt and mix by hand. Place a plate on the eggplant and allow to soak for 20 to 30 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare other ingredients.
- Add 2 inches oil to a small deep pot (8 to 9-inch) and heat over medium-high heat until it reaches 375 degrees F (190 C). If you do not have a thermometer, dip a wooden chopstick into the oil. You should see small bubbles sizzle around the chopsticks.
- Fry sweet potato until the surface turns golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate with a few layers of paper towels on top to drain the extra oil.
- Drain eggplant and pat dry thoroughly with paper towels. Dust both sides with cornstarch. Deep-fry in the same pot until the surface turns golden, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate with a few layers paper towels on top to drain extra oil.
- Heat up a heavy-duty skillet with 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat until hot. Spread shishito peppers without overlapping. Cook over medium heat until blistered on both sides. Transfer to a plate.
- Arrange all the vegetables on the platter, fresh veggies in the center, cooked veggies on the side, and the dipping sauce.
Use this vegan mayonnaise recipe if you want to make a vegan version.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 120cal